Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Crochet WIPs and a UFO

Along with my Stitchy New Start I hope to complete this blanket I started last year for my Husband. I put it aside because the yarn is expensive, but with my new craft budget I will put it back in the works. When done it will cover our queen size bed. It is stitched with two threads at a time and is very heavy.


Before then.... I will finish this scarf for my mom.


In order for me to work on Letting Go, I will be taking this off my frame. It's an eagle I started a couple of years ago and have only been sort of working on it. So....down it comes and will packed away for another day.


7 comments:

  1. Goodness you don't start any small projects do you?! The blanket is beautiful. I am envious of your perfect crocheting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL far from perfect but I do like doing it. I have been known to start a few large projects. It may take me a long time but I eventually finish them. Four months ago I had an accident at work that crushed my right arm leaving it broken in several places and temporarily paralyzed. Four surgeries, three plates, twenty screws and therapy three times a week and I have gained some movement now. My arm is moving pretty good though painfully. I have less movement in my fingers so every craft project takes great effort. I hope I stitch fast enough to keep up good progress in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um wow!! I have even more appreciation for the work you've done. Doesn't look like it's holding you back too much. I do hope the pain subsides some more for you.
      Keep your chin up! We're all fumbling around here with you lol :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am learning to do everything left/one handed. Thank goodness for stitching frames and husbands who are willing to go above and beyond to help. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! I'm part of a New Stitchy Start, too, so I wanted to join you on your other blog. Your crochet is beautiful; I love the colors. I hope you continue to heal; don't rush anything and keep doing what you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I know it's healing but some days it feels like it's going to last forever.

    ReplyDelete